628 S. Gear Ave.,
To book 5 or more rooms, please fill out our online Group Travel Form. Go To Form
We make it easy to earn cash with every stay.
Enjoy business travel made simple and affordable.
We stayed here for business for a few weeks. Every hotel/motel in the area is at capacity due to a large plant being built in town, and these places are exploiting it. The AmericInn was the worst about it, charging a hundred bucks a night for an armpit of a hotel. There's a ...
We stayed here for business for a few weeks. Every hotel/motel in the area is at capacity due to a large plant being built in town, and these places are exploiting it. The AmericInn was the worst about it, charging a hundred bucks a night for an armpit of a hotel. There's a lot to say, so I'll keep it in list form (please also refer to the photo section):
- housekeeping only changes your sheets if you rip them off the bed and throw them on the floor. Pillowcases too. Otherwise they just make the bed with the dirty sheets. And I only asked for a linens change once a week so there's no excuse. The comforter was not changed until we threw it off the floor and put a note on it.
- indoor pool was gross. Smelled like a sewer. Hot tub was empty and broken the whole time.
- major ant infestation. On walls, in bed, on furniture. The bathroom wall was covered with them one morning.
- wifi DOES NOT WORK. When you manage to get a signal, it kicks you off about every 20 minutes and makes you log back in. But usually there's no signal. Very bad since this town barely has a cell phone signal, much less 3G. And I have AT&T.
- rolls of ripped up carpeting lying around everywhere. Half the parking lot was taken up by a giant trailer just sitting there full of old carpet. They put up signs demanding guests not park in the grass, but half the parking spots were unusable.
- almost no staff. One housekeeper for each floor while we were there. Often they wouldn't get finished with all the rooms until after 4pm.
- ice machine broken almost all the time. Got attitude by the guy at the front desk when I asked about it.
- "laundry room" had one washing machine and NO DRYER.
There's more but I'm running out of room. Basically, it's understaffed, full of ants, everything is broken, and they overcharge guests while acting like they're lucky to be there. Two of the ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful but that's the only pro. Do yourself a favor and deal with a longer drive so you can stay in another town. This place is terrible.
Had a party there for my child's Birthday. It was a horrible experience. The room stunk, there was stuff laying around in the party room.. a broken air conditioner and TV both laying on the floor. The tables were dirty, the fridge had been removed, the floor was not vacuu...
Had a party there for my child's Birthday. It was a horrible experience. The room stunk, there was stuff laying around in the party room.. a broken air conditioner and TV both laying on the floor. The tables were dirty, the fridge had been removed, the floor was not vacuumed and the bathroom stunk as well. Once we entered the pool area we also found out the hot tub was drained and the pool smelled like wet dog. My party had to be cut short it was so disgusting there was no chlorine in the pool. Never Again!!! I better get a full refund I am contacting them today.
I have lived in burington for 5 years and stayed in most of the hotels but none of the hotels i have stayed in top the Americ Inn in Burlington Iowa. there staff is so nice it was a little messy from the remodeling in the lobby but the room are very nice and modern the owner...
I have lived in burington for 5 years and stayed in most of the hotels but none of the hotels i have stayed in top the Americ Inn in Burlington Iowa. there staff is so nice it was a little messy from the remodeling in the lobby but the room are very nice and modern the owners are hands on and they make the guest feel like home. the breakfast is very good and nice. I HOPE YOU ALL READING THIS CHOOSE THIS HOTEL!!!!
No internet access as advertised, no elevator, hot tub not working, terrible lighting in the rooms, uncomfortable beds, musty/dusty smell throughout, expected towels, pillows, sheets, toiletries, coffee all missing upon check-in.
Thank you for your review. I wanted to send you a quick note to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. As you may have noticed, we are currently under construction. Please check back with us soon to see our progress as we near the end of our remodel. We hope you will give us the chance to completely exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Trinity? Was her name very nice when we checked in...room was very clean smelled nice and fresh. Had no problems pool was clean breakfast was great. Stayed for the weekend and would definitely come back to stay again. Very nice staff and great mangers!
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of all our staff at AmericInn, we thank you for your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
©2003-2015 AmericInn International, LLC
To help you on your way, please choose the appropriate number and we'll be happy to assist you. For Reservations, call our Toll Free Reservation line at 800-634-3444. For all other instances, including Easy Rewards, please call our Toll Free Guest Services line at 888-490-8669.
If you would like to continue to the website anyway, please click here.